Ginseng is one of the 11 species of slow-growing perennial plants which have fleshy roots, and belongs to the genus Panax of the family Araliaceae. It is found in North America and in eastern Asia, and is typical to cooler climates.
Most talked about benefits of Ginseng:
1. Protects Against Type 2 Diabetes – Intake of ginseng is said to regulate blood sugar by imitating sugar-reducing effects especially at the time of fasting. It also maintains sugar levels in blood after meals.
2. Physical and Mental Well-being – Ginseng is believed to increase stamina and energy levels. It is most popular among athletes who need to judiciously use their oxygen supplies. It is very beneficial in regulating metabolism, which increases energy levels. Consumption of ginseng is especially beneficial for athletes, and reduces their recovery time and stress. Ginseng tea is well known to improve concentration in people and mind relaxation.
3. Male Sexual Function – Consuming ginseng is a popular form of treatment of sexual dysfunctions like erectile dysfunction. Korean Red Ginseng is extremely popular in such treatments. A regular dose of ginseng can minimize symptoms linked with sexual performance in men.
4. Menstrual Problems – Menstrual Cramps and distress are common problems of women with reproductive age. They are advised to consume Ginseng Tea to diminish stomach pain which often comes with menstruation.
5. For Weight Control – Since Ginseng tea works as a natural appetite suppressant, it is considered for weight loss.
6. Treatment of Upper Respiratory Infection – It was found that red ginseng can assist in the revival of human lung epithelial cells infected with influenza virus. Ginsenosides that can ward off seasonal colds and flus by boosting your immune system function.
7. Pain Relief – Using Ginseng might relieve minor aches and pains like headaches or joint pain.
It is always recommended to consult your physician before adding ginseng to your routine because ginseng might not blend nicely with other medicines. It is not advisable to combine it with other treatments.
8. Beauty Solution – Ginseng is widely used in manufacturing of soaps and other cosmetic products. Its invigorating properties make it a popular choice for refreshing properties.
9. Digestive Well-being – It is very helpful in treatment of stomach problems like loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting. It also has a cleanser for liver and helps in getting rid of harmful toxins.
Cancer Treatment – Ginseng is a popular treatment of cancers like breast, liver, lung, ovarian and skin cancer. It helps cancer patients undergoing treatment fight chronic fatigue.
The antioxidants, vitamins and minerals present in ginseng may also play a key role in cancer prevention.