Sex is a common part of the human life and modern society now embraces and encourages. Sex is not an issue for most people, but it may arise as aproblem for some. The term Sexual Addiction is generally used to describe the problem of sexual behavior which they cannot controland which are harmful to their health and relationships.Still there is no official clinical diagnosis of sex addiction, making consistent identification and treatment of this issue a little messy. Sexual addiction is best understood as a progressive intimacy disorder based on obsessive sexual thoughts and acts. Like all addictions, it negatively influences the addict and the family members as the disorder progresses.
For some sex addicts, behavior does not proceed beyond obsessed masturbation or the excessive use of pornography or phone or computer sex services. But for others, addiction mayinclude illegal activities such as exhibitionism, spying, obscene phone calls, child molestation or rape.
Increasing sexual provocation in our society has produced an increase in the number of individuals engaging in a variety of bizarre or illicit sexual practices mentioned above.
What are the different types of sexual addictions?
There are no particular categories, but sexual addictions can come in different forms, comprising addiction to:
- Masturbation or fantasy
- Sadistic or masochistic behavior
- Other excessive sexual searches
#1.What are the signs, symptoms and effects of a sexual addiction?
Sex addiction of any kind can be marked by a loss of control as the person can no longer control the compulsion to have sex, regardless of its adverse consequences. Compulsive masturbation, compulsive pornography use and multiple sexual relationships which may be illicit are a few types of behaviors that evidence this lack of control.There are several signs too, to confirm whether someone is addicted to sex. These may be emotional or physical. Moreover, it’s relevant to know the spoiling effects of sexual addiction. You may look out for the following signs:
- You will feel weak over how you act sexually
- Your sexual choices are making your life awkward
- You feel shame, embarrassment or even self-hatred over your sexual acts
- You promise yourself you’ll change, but unsuccessful to keep those promises
- You’re so engaged with sex as it become like a ritual to you
#2.Emotional symptoms of sex addiction
If your partner is addicted to porn or sex, you may feel alone, detached, depressed, angry, or humiliated and need treatment yourself. If you are addicted to sex, you might become easily engaged with people sexually or emotionally regardless of how well you know them. Because most sex addicts fear being left alone, they might stay in relationships which are not healthy or they may jump from relationship to relationship. While alone, theystart feeling empty or incomplete and they also sexualize feelings like guilt, loneliness or fear.
#3.Physical symptoms of sex addiction
Though a sex addiction may create many physical side effects, only few of the physical symptoms exist. However, the most common physical symptom of sexual addiction is feeling immobilized due to sexual or emotional obsessions.
If you’re noticing any of these symptoms, it could be the time to explore sex addiction treatment. If you also have anaccompanied substance addiction such as alcohol or cocaine seek help immediately as it can worsen the situation.
#4.Effects of sex addiction
Sex addiction leads to many negative consequences. A person who has comparably a large number of compulsive sexual relations might be at much higher risk to acquire a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) or putting him or herself in critical conditions. The persons with a sex addiction frequently fall in problems of primary relationships too. When partners detect the affairs and dishonesty, they naturally got anger at the betrayal of trust. Many addicted people become so out of control that they undergo many legal consequences for their sexual activities.
- Voyeuristic disorder:This is an act of watching others in sexual activity and it may also include observing naked people or people who are getting unclothed.
- Exhibitionistic disorder:it is a disorder when a person exposes his private parts in public. This does not comprise urinating in public.
- Frotteuristic disorder:touching and rubbing one’s genitals against a person who has not allowed to this act such as in a public place like in a subway.
- Sexual masochism disorder:when a person is engaging in humiliation, bondage or suffering at the hands of another. People immerse in these sexual acts against consideration of death by seductive asphyxiation (choking).
- Sexual sadism disorder:Refers to exposing or suffering humiliation and bondage.
- Pedophilic disorder:when a sexual focus on children molestation and is defined when a perpetrator is 16 years old or older and the child is 5 years old or younger.
- Fetishistic disorder:in this disorder the perpetrator uses nonliving things such as clothing, shoes or leather for sexual arousal. This disorder also includes sexual stimulation over non-genital body parts such as toes or hair. The use of vibrators or women’s clothing when used for cross-dressing does not include in this disorder.
- Transvestic disorder:Cross-dressing for sexual erotism.
Additional problems arise related to sex addictions when they exhibit a set of behaviors that causes you distress or deterioration which consequently cause you harm or place you at risk of harming yourself or others. Most persons with sexual addiction are found to have a sexual disease as a result of their behavior. Unwanted pregnancy is also a common side effect, can occur due to risky behavior. Furthermore, sex addiction has a negative impact on several areas of one’s life. It may lead to:
- A failure in social and personal relationships
- Decreased output and concentration at work
- Physical issues like sexual dysfunction or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
It can have emotional and psychological effects too, such as developing feelings of shame, inadequacy and emotional disappointment. The sexual addiction leads to psychological disorders like:
- Substance abuse
- Problems related to impulse control and emotion deregulation
- Obsessive or compulsivetype symptoms
It is important to know that fixing problems like depression, anxiety and detachment will make it easier to recover from sexual addiction.
#5.What Causes an Addiction to Sex?
Sexual addiction like porn addiction may arise due to factors that contain all conditions of an individual’s life. These include:
- Genes: You may have a genetic inclination to emotional deregulation, sensation-seeking You may also have a willingness to other traits which are generally associated with sexual addiction like anxiety or depression.
- Hormones: higher or lower levels of sex hormones like testosterone or estrogen affects libido. If you are prone towards impulsive behavior and have high levels of sexual hormones, you may be more likely to involve in excess sexual activities.
- Environmental influences: Early-life environmental factors, including detrimental incidents like abuse or exposure to sexual content can responsible for some of the prime characteristics which drive hypersexual behavior.
- Mental health:Anxiety, personality disorders, depression, poor stimulus control and performance anxiety are some simultaneous problems that are close to sex addiction. Those who have a tendency toward “crazy” state of mind are much more likely to involve in risky sexual behavior.
- Rejectionin relationships and social circles may lead to other ways to find sexual satisfaction.
- Social isolation:Not only does social isolation increase one’s possibilities of searching incorrect ways of being sexually satisfied, it also leads to a cause of other problems like depression and physical diseases which can contribute to sex addictions or unhealthy sex behaviors.
- Social learning:Watching others perform a behavior is also a way to discover something new especially when you “like” or “identify” with the person. So having a friend or some known person who engage in extreme sexual activities or porn viewing majorly influence you in a very delicate yet powerful way.
#6.What are the treatment options of Sexual Addiction
Sex addiction can be treated if you get the right medication. You can go for the option of speaking with a mental health professional as in psychologist or licensed social worker. They will help you fixing some of the basic reasons which are responsible for your sex or porn addiction and instruct you to manage with your thoughts, feelings and behaviors in a healthy way.
Some treatment options include:
Individual therapy: 30-60 minute discussion sessions with a certified mental health professional who will focus on your sexually obsessive behaviors and any accompanied disorders.
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): this therapy focuses on the idea that our behaviors, emotions and thoughts are all interconnected and works to change negative thoughts to positivity and self-talk.
Psychodynamic therapy: works around the basis that unconscious memories and rivalry influence our behavior. Psychodynamic therapy also reveals early childhood influencers of current habits or present factors which are responsible for the current sex addiction.
Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy (DBT): include four components: skills training group, individual treatment, DBT phone instructions and consultation team. These four segments are composed to develop four skills: mindfulness, disappointment tolerance, relational success and emotion managing.
Group therapy: guided by qualified therapists, group therapy is devised to succeed from negative and detrimental behaviors with friendly supporter and positive ones. It granted the addict with pledge that he or she is not alone in his or her struggle.
Couple’s counseling or Marriage counseling: This counseling is very favorable for the sex addict and his or her partner. Couple’s counseling makes better their communication skills, trust and healthy sexual performance between partners.
12-step recovery: Sex addicts anonymous imitates the 12-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous and is a group based standard focused on supporting one’s inability and willingness to live a life free of addiction.
Inpatient therapy: There are some inpatient recovery centers invented to fix sex and porn addiction. The patient resides at the recovery center during the period of treatment so that he or she can target on the recovery course without the distractions and attractions of everyday life.
#7.Sex Addiction and Mental Health correlation
There is a high interrelationship between sex addiction and psychiatric conditions specifically mood, nervousness and personality disorders.According to some research, around 40% of individuals coping with a sexual addiction or compulsion also have a history of psychiatric issues such as depression.The correlation between depression and sex addiction is one of the major reasons that antidepressants could be quiet useful when seeking medication for sexual addiction.
Clinical depression, which is usually accompanied with sex addiction is a serious mental health disorder that, if neglected, can be life-threatening. Usual symptoms involve:
- Determined sad, tensed or empty mood
- Behavior of hopelessness
- Emptions of guilt, uselessness, helplessness
- Lack of interest in hobbies and activities
- Struggle concentrating on tasks
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Restlessness, irritability
- Suicide feelings or attempts
Again, if you are a sex addict and accept that you have undergoes depression, contact your medical provider right away. It is relevant that treatment plan will cure both your depression and sex addiction.
#8.Peniking: solution of all sexual problems
While some men are worried that how to overcome a permanent, uncontrolled sexual desire, others complain about problems with a reduced libido and search for the most effective enhancement pills. It’s hard to say which situation is poorer, but both of them can be treated with the help of dieting and herbal supplements. Sometimes hyper sexuality can be a trace of a major health disorder. So never neglect this and don’t be shy to talk about it with a doctor.
Lifestyle changes usually recommended to boost a man’s sexual drive. But accompanying the lifestyle changes, one must also add some powerful supplement to overcome sexual incapability. Low sexual drive, ejaculation early than wanted, soft erections at the time of sexual intercourse or erectile dysfunction falls under the category of Sexual inabilities. All of these issues or any one of these is enough to ruin the pleasure of mating. To abstain from these problems get the best male enhancement supplement Peniking. This herbal male enhancement supplement is prepared to cure you from the problems mentioned above. Peniking is a supplement made of completely ayurvedic ingredients so there is nothing to worry about any kind of side effects and you will get only effective results.